Some excellent advice from A J Humpage who has been writing fiction for more than twenty years. She writes on how reading helps writers improve their writing! The best part of the article I thought was the “Questions to ask” after you have read a novel. For me, this process of seeing a novel through these questions, came as a new and interesting input. I am sure we would gain from the valuable feedback the answers to these questions would provide:
The questions listed by A J Humpage:
- Did you enjoy it? Why did you like it so much?
- Who were your favourite characters and why?
- How did you feel about the pace, setting and tone?
- Did it make you turn the page and you couldn’t put it down until you’d read it?
- Is there any event you would change, and could you improve it?
- What did you think of the ending – was it satisfactory, did it tie up the loose ends?
I hope my readers will have great answers to give when they read my novel “It Can’t Be You”.