Thanks to Damyanti for sharing this exciting opportunity to hone your writing skills. Arlee Bird, a fellow NaNoWriMo 2010 winner, has organized the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge. What it means is this:-
- Wherever you are in the world, you can enter for free by signing on at the Tossing It Out site run by Arlee Bird.
- You blog everyday on a topic you associate with a letter of the alphabet in the English language!
- You do this during the month of April 2011.
- The blog posts can be as long as you like . They must relate to the theme of the day. This in turn is chosen by you based on the letter for the day. A being on April 1 ( no kidding, this isn’t an April Fools’ Day gag), B on April 2 and so on.
- You won’t have C on April 3 because it happens to be a Sunday. We exclude Sundays to get 26 days in April.
- You’ll post for C on Monday April 4 and so on. This eventually gets you to Z on Sat April 30!
Why on earth would you do this? I am doing it to hone my writing skills, as I mentioned before. I also see the following benefits:
- It improves the discipline of writing every day
- It gives you an opportunity to think and write about 26 new topics! Nothing like exercising your brain a bit!
- It’s an opportunity to network with like-minded people. I have no idea what the total tally will be but I signed on as Participant No: 815.
Sounds exciting, doesn’t it? So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and sign up for the Blogging A-Z April Challenge. I am sure it would be great fun!